Tombstone -- serving the International Visitor
Tombstone, Arizona Territory. Its an oasis. A refuge for international travelers looking for the REAL America, the true Old West, here in Cochise County. Where you'll walk on the same boardwalk as Wyatt Earp, on his way to the OK Corral shootout. Drink in the same saloons. And, if you want, ride a horse down the old trails and shoot your single-action .45 revolver at targets in the sweet-smelling sagebrush.
Tourist or Tour Operator, we're here to help you make arrangements for food, lodging, special events, as well as film and video production assistance. Call the Visitors Center at (520) 457-3929 for fast help!
Cochise County -- The Land Of Legends
Tombstone is the 'hub in the wagon wheel' when you come to explore beautiful Cochise County. From our central location, it is very easy to see other nearby attractions --
1. Kartchner Caverns west of Benson
2. A real train you can drive in the Benson Visitor Center
3. Top-flight wineries in the Willcox AVA Appellation
4. Chiracahua National Park 'sky island', home of the Apaches, southeast of Willcox
5. Tombstone -- stagecoaches, saloons, gunfights, great food
6. Fort Huachuca, home of the 'Buffalo Soldiers', at Sierra Vista... nature walks and biking in Ramsey and Carr Canyons... and the Coronado National Monument just a few miles away
7. The Copper Queen mine down at Bisbee, close to unique art galleries and shops and fine dining
8. The Gadsden Hotel in Douglas ... where Pancho Villa rode his horse up the marble stairs!
But we're just scratching the surface.
Tombstone is a Real West 'oasis'
No fast food places, no shopping malls. Unbelievable sunsets. Air so clear you can often see 50 miles away. We are on a little mesa, between the Dragoon mountains to the north and the Huachucas to the south. The Apaches were often in the Dragoons, and the Buffalo Soldiers were in the Army fort by the Huachucas. They fought here for years. And then one day prospector Ed Schieffelin found silver in the hills just south of today's city. The boom was on!
Tombstone -- a perfect vacation, a great place to live
Don't be surprised if you want to move here. We welcome newcomers with warmth and friendship. There's a fine new hospital nearby, and all the stores you'd ever want in Sierra Vista, about 15 minutes away. Real estate and services are inexpensive, and taxes are low. For a small town with less than 1500 residents, we sure have a lot going on! Check out these links to get an idea of the businesses and attractions you'll find here -- and we hope to see you soon.
With our compliments --
click on the
Upcoming Events in Tombstone, Arizona Territory
June 23-25 Salute to the Buffalo
Saturday, July 1 Freedom
Days, parade and entertainment
Tuesday, July 4 Independence Day parade and entertainment
City of Tombstone
International Visitors Department